Venkateswara Ultimate, Nov 20-22

peter.vangeit
Administrator
Peter Van Geit
Dare to create your own path rather than follow existing trails
http://www.google.com/profiles/peter.vangeit

Re: Venkateswara Ultimate, Nov 20-22

Durai Murugan
Tired of the blazing sun, bored with the slush, wondering why I was not able to work really hard? Came that magnetic call by our Peter "God only knows how many will return alive in ..... Life for the participants will never be the same again after the return. CTC is not responsible for possible significant mental impact on the survivors. ...May God have mercy on their souls.... ".

From the day I read this mail I was thinking and dreaming about this DOA and its hidden surprises / mysteries after registering myself for this DOA.

Joined the unknown like minded friends from various parts of the country and had a weekend filled with thrill, adventure and excitement. Crystallizing below some of the most enchanting moments of the DOA.

Night swim at Second day camp site

Never in my wildest imagination thought I would be swimming and jumping inside a deadly pool at mid night covered by scenic mountains, clear sky, chill weather, bright white moon and above all with enthusiastic die-hard nature admirers. The camp fire, soup, tea and pop corn after the swim was heavenly. Loved every bit of that night and will cherish it for a life time.

Gigantic water falls

Mammoth is not the word to describe those huge waterfalls dropping as if directly from the sky. The trek towards the waterfalls was indeed rewarded with the splendid beauty which nature had to offer to the sweating souls. Admired the breath taking gigantic waterfalls like how I admired when I was a kid first time looking at an elephant. Completely mind blowing views.

Crossing the wild streams

Passing through the wild streams all along the trek was very adventurous and our team effort of forming human chain helped us to march ahead, it was real fun and at the same thrilling. Every time when we crossed a wild stream it was exiting and heart throbbing.

Singing, dancing, playing and of course trekking, it was tremendous fun and great excitement which I will remember and cherish throughout my life.

SPECIAL THANKS TO OUR PETER FOR ORGANIZING SUCH A SUPERB EVENT AND AM LOOKING FORWARD FOR THE NEXT DOA FROM YOU.

With loads of love and regards,

Durai Murugan @ Minister

Re: Venkateswara Ultimate, Nov 20-22

peter.vangeit
Administrator
Photos -

http://picasaweb.google.com/peter.vangeit/VenkateswaraUltimateNov2010#

Videos -

http://youtube.com/vangeip

Peter Van Geit
Dare to create your own path rather than follow existing trails
http://www.google.com/profiles/peter.vangeit

Re: Venkateswara Ultimate, Nov 20-22

Deepak Gupta
Needless to say it was an awesome trek. Thanks to all of you who helped me with various aspects ranging from being good models to tranporting my camera across the streams. The pictures in the below album is my humble effort to do justice to all that U did for me and my camera. Special thanks here to Vadivu, Sweeper Ramzan, Peter for being cool about my falling back so many times.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=94900&id=1324921450&l=c90eb3d59e

Its a work in progress and I'll be adding pictures to possibly over the next few days. If you require any high res pics of these or any of your individual pics mail back to me iambramha@gmail.com

Deepak Gupta.

Re: Venkateswara Ultimate, Nov 20-22

Guru_007
MISSED A HERD OF WILD ELEPHANTS BY 10 MINUTES....

That will some up our trek over the weekend. So near yet so faar. Startin from the Koyambedu point to Tirupathi drive and then the walk, walk, walk. Thats wat we did.. Walk. Walk over Plains, walk across streams, walk along streams..

All the great camp sites were awesome..

MINDS get blown away just thinkin of it. Beyond words to explain..

Kudos to the entire group for bringin out teh best in you and ensurin that others also reveal the best side. Special Thanks to Surya.. A rival in the makin for Bala. thought only BALA (Ford Bala could make wild poses .. Man Surya beats you hands down)... Surya could make even the most borin trek on earth the most lively one due to his unadulterated jokes and Mr Minister your song has now given me a special thought b4 eatin any JAM

Thanx guyz... No Fotos of mine to share.. All in my memory and as i cant allow others to c it. So other trekkers and fotographers pls

Guru

Re: Venkateswara Ultimate, Nov 20-22

Surya
ooh hooooo, my turn :P its my first DOA and I was really thrilled about what the previous DOA trekkers told me. it was so much fun with a small no of 30 trekkers, i enjoyed the full 3 days... best moments of my life. Beautiful natural sceneries, chill weather, dazzling waterfalls.. wow man, it was awesome! :D Its a well planned and organised trek. Thanks to Peter and others for making this trek a Success :) Ramzan(Tarzan) and Vadivel(the monkey brothers).. ha haa they are really cool.. superb volunteering and helping others to move forward. The only thing I missed is the forest animals.. damnn, we found only elephant shit all the way.. seems they are scared of us.. lol. Deepak Guptha.. pakka photograpy, Thanks to him for his marvelous clicks. I am happy that I found new new friends here.. all very interesting guys, exspecially Lingam, whom I got introduced in my previous trek and Vivek.. they two are the giants in this team :o All you guys gave me a wonderful time in my life.. CHEERS TO ALL :D

and hei.. sorry I couldn't share any pics here. i dropped the cam in water by mistake.. luckily the cam works but its not detecting the memory card. :( will get it fixed and share the pics with you soon guys :P

See U All in the next adventure of CTC

Re: Venkateswara Ultimate, Nov 20-22

Shumon-Suchi
Hi All,

  Recovering from the Venkateshwara effect certainly will take some time..... but who wants to recover. I wish we could have stayed there forever. Unfortunately we have to be here in the concrete jungle for another week. Till then we have the pics to cherish the memories of Venkateshwara DOA...

 Thanks to all the volunteers, especially Ramzan, Vadivel... and above all Peter, without whom such a trek is impossible.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=305328&id=560547587&l=8d9ef27045

http://picasaweb.google.com/shumon.singha/VenkateshwaraDOA?authkey=Gv1sRgCJDhs6DE06-mcg#

Till next trek... keep relaxing at work :)

Re: Venkateswara Ultimate, Nov 20-22

Kedar Choudhary
Ya it was one of the most beautiful weekend of my life.
But it was not before the trek started,When i reached the starting point i could see only myself among the least fittest.
It is never easy to keep pace with guys like Peter and Ramzan,
But still i managed to finish it alive.
Thanks to Peter and the group who made this trek one of the memorable moment of my life.
Special thanks to Deepak,Ramzan,Peter,Surya
Regards,
Kedar Choudhary

Re: Venkateswara Ultimate, Nov 20-22

Jesu Noel
Hi guys, i hope everybody would have recovered by this time. i recovered today only after good sleep for two nights. For past two days in my night dreams, iam still trekking, my mind cannot come out of trek. Thanks to Peter who took us to some virgin locations, only few can get such chances to explore these locations. Haa i feel sorry for others.

Most importantly our team, we had a wonderful team we were always together and we felt as if we all knew each other before itself. I got lot of new friends, we could help each other through out the trek. i had to name too many, Biju, Vadivelu, Ranjit, surya, Eswaramoorthy, Harish, Suman, deepak, Ramzan, etc., etc., till count no. 30.

I really had to say about out camp sites, both the places were awesome, and both were two extremes, second camp site was too too good. hmmm camp fire, haa we almost created forest fire. Some of out guys were jumping from falls in mid night, iam unlucky.

Second camp site falls

We feel sorry to other members who had not participated in this trek.

Re: Venkateswara Ultimate, Nov 20-22

Ramjan
hmmm
I came for DOA and planned to find new Pools and Falls with Peter
thought it would be so tough and hence sent my younger brother back to Home ....
but but but ..... it turns out to be Moderate trek... :)
And One of the best treks in my life ...
had lot of fun fun and fun in 3 days 2 nights deep inside the Venkateshwara Forest and i seen almost all the discoveries by CTC in this park!!!!!

Thanks to Peter and cheers to entire team....

some memories::::

Sumo driver >> who wanted to drive all three vehicles in single journey and his luxurious sumo

1st day long and exhausted walk with exploration of a fall then reaching to campsite around 2100hrs then cooking on wax boxes.. and long wait for Pop-corn and Soup...

day 2 was full of fun from morning itself .... lot of pics in this day ....

followed DWV II trail and seen Big pools, Twin Fall, Cave Pool, DOA 3 Fall... :)

Schematic for Stream Followed

1st time in my trekking career reached to campsite at 1600hrs and slept at 0100hrs...

Jumped and Swam in natural Pool at 2300hrs ....  was really amazing and credit goes to peter

day 3 was another fun day and swam across Cave Pool and seen DOA 3 Fall from Top (Seen before from bottom)

Thanks to all for tolerating me for 3 days 2 nights with my hindi songs ..

and pleasure to be your frnd forever...

see you on Facebook.. with ramjan4you@gmail.com........

Re: Venkateswara Ultimate, Nov 20-22

Vallakatis
Thanks to Peter, the Super Human, for providing 2 nights and 3 days of Wonderfull movements in my life.  Its just my body here in Hyderabad, my soul is still surrounding  Beautifull Waterfalls, Breath Taking Gorges, amazing streams, Gorgeous peaks,  Superb valleys, Jeep Trails, Heritage Guest House, Watching Tower, Yummy Soup, delicious avial, Slang of Ramzan's Tamil & Surya's Hindi.

Thanks to all guys deep from the heart, Shumon, Sucharitha, Vadivel, Kedar, Bala, Senao, gaurav, Akash, Aditya,  Simon, Deepak, Ela, Guru, Durai Murugan, Noel, Sameer and everyone who made this Trek great success

Re: Venkateswara Ultimate, Nov 20-22

Vallakatis

Re: Venkateswara Ultimate, Nov 20-22

Biju VK