Social Trek/17 - May 30 - Prem Vasam home

Social Trek/17 - May 30 - Prem Vasam home

Karthik R Yadav
http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dDY2Z1ZfR3J2SFpIcUFqdzdPcWdnaHc6MA

Social Trek/17 - May 30 - Prem Vasam home

As a part of 'Trek with a cause' initiatives of CTC, we are organizing a kids' trek on Sunday, May 30th, 2010. The objective of this 1day trek is to take out 30+ kids from the Prema Vasam orphanage home to Nagalapuram and provide them a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

About Prema Vasam Home
-------------------------------------
The home provides shelter and care for the disabled (physically and mentally) and abandoned children. Education and physiotherapy/occupational treatments are given. The children are trained in singing, dancing, drawing and painting.

http://www.hindu.com/yw/2005/02/25/stories/2005022500810300.htm

Participants will provide guidance and sponsor (share transportation/food costs for kids) the trek. We will pick up the kids from the home in Porur on Sunday 30th morning 6 am, take them to Nagala, guide them along the initial water stream, let them splash in the water, play games, have lunch, snacks and return to the Chennai around 7pm.

Link to photos from the previous social trek with PV kids -

http://picasaweb.google.co.in/rathnakanth.ji/NagalaKidsTrekJan1010#

Agenda:

5:15am - assemble at Tidel Park
5:20am - assemble at Koyambedu (Nathans Cafe)
5:30am - assemble at Guindy (Le Meridien)
6:00am - pick up the kids at the home in Porur
8am - have breakfast on the way in Uttukotai
9:30am - arrival at the dam in Nagalapuram
10am - 2km flat walk along scenic stream
11am-3pm - enjoy playing with the kids near a beautiful water falls + have lunch
3pm - return back to the dam/cars
4pm - start our return to Chennai
6pm - drop the kids at the home
7pm - disperse

What to bring?

Comfortable pair of walking shoes
Small backpack to carry personal items and food (self + kid)
1 bottle of water (filled)
Spare set of clothes (to change after splashing in water)
Sun cap, sunscreen
Camera

Expense

Around 500Rs
Food will be provided by the organizers

Organizers/contact
Thilak - the_luck_in@yahoo.com (9840873859)
Balaji - balaji.nivas@gmail.com (9884277511)
Peter - peter.vangeit@gmail.com (9600004509)

Name *

Peter Van Geit

Email Id *

peter.vangeit@gmail.com

Mobile number *

9600004509

I am bringing *

Transporation, fuel cost will be shared amongst participants

 Car
 Bike
 None

I am joining at *

Indicate your pick up point

 TIDEL Park (5:15am)
 Madya Kailash (5:20am)
 Guindy Circle (5:30am)
 Koyambedu (5:20am)
 Other:

I register only after confirming my availability. I understand that the organizers need to make advance arrangements of transportation and food and agree to pay the full fees in case I drop out within the last 2 days before the trek. *

 I agree

I understand that the safety of the children is of primary concern during a social trek and take responsibility to take utmost care of the kids during this outing *

 I agree

Littering or polluting, smoking, consuming of alcohol, and anti social behavior are strictly prohibited during the trek *

 I agree

Disclaimer - trekking involves inherent dangers including rock climbing, swimming through water pools, wildlife (snakes, etc.). CTC and its organizers are not responsible for any accidents or injuries during the trek. They are also not responsible for any loss or damage to personal property. The participant agrees to take full responsibility on the above *

 I agree

Powered by Google Docs
Report Abuse - Terms of Service - Additional Terms

--
Peter Van Geit
Dare to create your own path rather than follow existing trails

Re: Social Trek/17 - May 30 - Prem Vasam home

Karthik R Yadav
We are hereby closing the registrations for our 17th social trek. 60 volunteers have decided to spend their Sunday in a different way and take these 30 underprivileged kids out for a once in a life time experience out of their orphanage.

Sudharsan generously offered to sponsor the food expenses for the kids, Vindodha selfless volunteered to present all kids with new shoes. The Prema Vasam home has many physically and mentally handicapped children which cannot leave the home - volunteers are welcome to present with something small to let them know that they are not alone in this world.

Thanks to the 14 members who bring their cars along - we have sufficient transportation as of now.

sudhir oberoi
Peter
Gayatri
Vinodha Jeyanthilal
yogananth
Chandar
Mukesh Agarwal
Munish
Ranjan
Avijeet
Alex Franklin Jude
Bynedi Narasimharao
Chandru
Arun Thilak

Confirmed participants

sudhir oberoi
Sriharsha S
sudharsan.J
Peter
lovely oberoi
vaibhav oberoi
Gayatri, Murari, Vedanth (3 yr old child)
Meenakshi,Sanjana,Anusha
Vijayalakshmi
sunita dugar
Sharanya
uthralavanya
venkatraman
Remya.N
Akila
Ganapathy Raman.K
Ramkumar P
Tanuj Agarwal
Vinodha Jeyanthilal
Divanshu
Senthil Kumar R
shahul hameed
kurnic
yogananth
prasanna
venkatesh.M
Tarannum
Godwin Joseph
Janani Jayaram
Divya Varadarajan
Chandar
Ramkumar S
Thirumalai Natarajan
Prashansa K.S.
Mukesh Agarwal
Pratiba Agarwal +1
venkatesh
kris shrishak
yash dugar
Sudhakaran.S
Munish
Karthik R Yadav
Vinu Priya
Gayathri Krishnan
Ranjan
Nambirajan
Avijeet
Alex Franklin Jude
meenakshi veeramani
Jayakumar
Bynedi Narasimharao
Chandru, Anu, Abi
Arun Thilak Ramalingam
Shyam Sundar
Asha Tomar

Re: Social Trek/17 - May 30 - Prem Vasam home

sudhiroberoi
Thanks to the organisers for the trek. This western entry and that to in the month of may with 80% of first timers was a bit harsh welcome.But after completing the trek in demanding conditions everyone had a smile on their face.Thanks to all of them for braving khatri month heat and finishing the trek successfully.My motivators of the day were Chitra who inspite of having many difficulties during difficul terrain kept smiling and never left hope, which is a must during these treks.
Diya -youngest of all completed the trek by keeping the pace with others with her naughty and smiling face. God bless her.

Re: Social Trek/17 - May 30 - Prem Vasam home

Hariharan V S
i had a wonderful experience...it was great fun in the trip. Cant forget satish from prem vasam...the guy was an absolute live wire....we had a superb time in the car with alex, karthik uncle, meenakshi and 2 satish's and one more kid don rem his name enroute to nagala and again in the water...

super enjoyement near the falls playing catches and throwing the balls on others...thanks to that guy i forgot his name (my usual habit, sorry i have bad memory)

my most memorable part of the trek was again with satish. after the fun got over at the 2nd pool and we were finished with our lunch and preparing to leave, satish told alex "anna nan car'la wait panren vanga (anna i'lk wait in the car and u come)"..:) :)
Trust in those who are near
They are the ones who are dear!!

http://www.facebook.com/cool.hariharan

Re: Social Trek/17 - May 30 - Prem Vasam home

shahulm
My first trek with CTC and it was fun :) it would have been better if any of my friend had come along ... :(

Some photos ( me = amateur photographer )
Icing on the Top ( though we never really got to the top of the mountain xD.. )
Light at the end of the tunnel

I must conquer this one day..
Me= amateur photographer

Would have been good had i clicked this right
Would have been good had i got this right :(

Hey everybody we climbed to the top and returned..(hey if you know the truth , dont say it)
Hey everybody we climbed to the top and returned..(hey if you know the truth , dont say it)

Silhouette on the return journey
Silhouette

Caught in the act of clicking :D
Photographer caught on camera

Hum jo chalne lage :)
Hum jo chalne lage :)

Me with Pachaiyamma and her friends
Me with Pachaiyamma and her friends  xD

Peter with Pachaiyamma
Peter with Pachaiyamma :D

Hey i have always liked trekking and started liking it more after this trek

looking forward to some level 2 treks

I am no saint but glad to be a part of something which could change their lives if atleast for one day..
I wanna do so much more.. 24 hours is not enough in 1 day

Re: Social Trek/17 - May 30 - Prem Vasam home

uthralavanya
This was my first time trek with CTC. It was a really good experience except for few twists and turns on both my legs.;) Had a really good time with the kids, especially with Sathish, Praveen (Rubber Vaya), Arun. Thanks to Sudhir, Hari (CSC) who helped me all the way out and to Thilak for motivating me.. Looking forwards for more treks with CTC.

Re: Social Trek/17 - May 30 - Prem Vasam home

harikbalasundaram
here's a teaser trailer before we head to the links of some of the pic shot during the trek...

http://bighugelabs.com/onblack.php?id=4660693950&size=large

cheers folks

http://www.google.com/profiles/harikbalasundaram
If you're never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take any chances - Anonymous
Hari Kumar Balasundaram
+91.96000.81363

Re: Social Trek/17 - May 30 - Prem Vasam home

harikbalasundaram
the link to the pics shot during our sunday summer escape to Nagalapuram , with some of the most awesome and energetic young kids ever...

http://picasaweb.google.com/harikbalasundaram/ST17NagalaWesternEntry#

premavasam kids rocked...

cheers

http://www.google.com/profiles/harikbalasundaram
If you're never scared or embarrassed or hurt, it means you never take any chances - Anonymous
Hari Kumar Balasundaram
+91.96000.81363

Re: Social Trek/17 - May 30 - Prem Vasam home

peter.vangeit
Administrator

Re: Social Trek/17 - May 30 - Prem Vasam home

Karthik R Yadav

Re: Social Trek/17 - May 30 - Prem Vasam home

Ram-18
here goes my clicks..

http://picasaweb.google.com/ramkumar.pannerselvam/ST17NagalaWesternEntry#

People.. where are the comments & photos from other volunteers.. ???
Cheers,
Ram
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for enough good men to do nothing

Re: Social Trek/17 - May 30 - Prem Vasam home

Hariharan V S
Check out my blog post for the trek

http://hariharanvs.blogspot.com/2010/05/gods-own-children-in-gods-own-land.html