Riderz series 2 - 28 April

gvraj86
Riderz series 2 - 28 April

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEtOeDNOcktMZkx6NDNvd3RGMThJOWc6MA

Welcome to CTC's second of Riderz series. We would be riding North Chennai around Redhills Lake and expecting to cover in 2 segments to ensure maximum participation.

 Segment 1: For whom: anyone who are not confident but want to try cycling can participate in this. Distance: 20 km. Terrains: Ride will be on city roads. Difficulty Level: Easy Breaks: 1 short break at Ambattur Duration: 2 hours (5.30 AM to 07.30 AM) Team Size: 10 max Route Map: http://maps.google.co.in/maps/ms?msid=211727098849202093160.0004be781dc2b9ce6d589&msa=0 Agenda: Start by 05:30 AM Will be heading toward Ambattur and return to Anna nagar via same route

 Segment 2: For whom: for not just regular cyclist but for anyone who wanna try. Distance: 50 km. Terrains: Will be riding in various types of terrains such as Street, State highway, National highways and bit off road. Difficulty Level: Moderate Breaks: 2 short break at mid way to Redhills and above Redhills dam wall and also for breakfast which will be midway Duration: 5 hours (5.30 AM to 10.30 AM) Team Size: 10 Max Route Map: http://maps.google.co.in/maps/ms?msid=211727098849202093160.0004be135c93d71e64250&msa=0

 Agenda: Will be heading toward Ambattur were segment 1 will return. We will head towards thirumullaivoil and ride around Redhills dam. We may have chance to take dip in well/lake. We will be having 2 short breaks at mid way to Redhills and above Redhills dam wall. And also for breakfast which will be midway Reach Anna nagar max by 10.30 AM This cycling is open to all members of CTC who has a passion for cycling, who want to burn their fat, who want to maintain a Good fitness level. Selection criteria: Preference will be given to fresher’s who have good physical fitness. However, organizer's discretion shall be final. Minimize your luggage to do cycling comfortably

 Must to carry:
1) Small/compact back-pack to carry water
2) One litres of water
3) Fully charged camera
4) Food will be taken at road side shops
5) Cycles should be in good condition to avoid delay
6) You can do it with gear-less cycle [If you have good fitness level]
7) No racing, It is funnn ride.

Meeting Points: (28th April - Saturday)
Koyambedu - 05.10 am
Anna nagar west bus depot - 5.30 am

 Be early by 10 minutes Short listed people will be mailed separately *IMPORTANT* use a small/compact backpack. Any big/heavy backpack will make difficult for you. For any quires feel free to mail the

organizers:
Vijay Raj: gvraj86@gmail.com 89397 44671
S Thilak Raj: theluckraj@gmail.com 98408 73859

*CTC Trekking* https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B_o7QtZJaW3qMjUxZDNiMDctOTE4Zi00ZDkwLWE3NTItMWVjZjg2ODQ2Yjdj&hl=en_US

*Member Guidelines* https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B97Sb1o-r5OeMWJiYTc0NjQtYWI1NS00YjJkLWI4NjEtZDI0MTFhZWYwYmY4&hl=en_GB&authkey=CLn-0Z4L

*Disclaimer* https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xH3oJUPo07Sgb2d8ccYLgMfkKWGe0z-bVGA_PMxGLp8/edit

-------------
Vijay Raj
www.facebook.com/gvraj86
Vijay

Re: Riderz series 2 - 28 April

Thilak Raj S
Riders series 2 (27th April) EPIC RIDE TO PUZHAL & REDHILLS

It’s really funny and ironic when life gives you something you don’t take it and when you don’t have it that’s what you want it the most... When in school days we travel in cycle at least most of us did... But we all wanted to ride a motorbike that time... Getting friend’s motorcycle for a 100 meter ride gave us that bliss... Times change... When you go through college and you start to work and get a motorcycle for yourself, what do you wanna do in the weekend?? – CYCLING!!!

I was really excited about the rider’s series 2 after I had a plan to go for the rider’s series 1 and I left it out for no reason. My preparations for this one dint go that well tough borrowed a cycle from a friend just the previous night and did some self-servicing like *oiling the bike (yes I did it that’s why it screwed up), filling up air and making adjustments to suit me. Woke up on time unlike the days I used to go for the treks. Started pedalling the cycle from my house with my fully charged mobile playing music...

It was 4.45 when I started from my place and I thought I’d go to Koyambedu and meet all the participants and get to know them better we start off. It was very long since I rode a cycle and I dint neither calculate any speed or timing nor checked my phone for time. I was riding the cycle really slow to warm up for the 50 km ride. I got to Koyambedu at 5.40, I found none. When I called, the whole group was in Anna nagar west depot (my original start point) I sprinted to Anna nagar west to see ppl just started to pick up the ride. I dint have a formal introduction I just started off with the trip.

Our first pit stop was at Ambattur and the first leg of the trip was already over. The next leg saw a long stretch of cycling to Puzhal Lake along the scenic natural villages and a lil bit of off-road. I just wanted to drench in the water cos it was hot REALLY HOT but unfortunately that wasn’t the plan.

 Next we stopped in for the breakfast I had to sponsor for the breakfast as I was the last to join the group. Had hearty filling breakfast, sponsored by divya (sponsor-key sponsor). After the breakfast we had completed 50% of the big lap.  On the way to the dam *my over hauling skills* more showed the over oiling sides and my chain started to come off every loop. The group had gone before and I was left out with a loose chain and tight friend (hashim). We went to a nearby cycle repair shop and tightened the chain. We started the ride to catch up with the group. Went off the route a little bit and came back to the steep climb to the dam. There they were cooling off their body, all I saw was WATER!! wanted to go dive into but it was time to start again ,so poured water all over me and tried to cool the body.

We started again from the dam to the inner village en route to the highway. We stopped for refreshments as soon as we rode down from the dam into the village. I saw Thilak washing his face in a tap I just wanted to push him off and go lie down under the tap. after the refreshments we were all in the pace of testing our stamina , it was hot and we had to travel a lot the April Chennai sun got into the equation and our distance variable seemed like it had horns with exponents.

We were all refreshed to start off again and the best cycle in the house got us down again: P. I felt flat tyre on my cycle. . Some were happy that they could use this time for resting, some were really frustrated as it was almost noon. . While trying to fill air with the high technology, best in class, top notch air pump on the flat tyre I broke the nipple of the tube and it was left in the pump. I took the ride to a nearby cycle shop and there was our unexpected long stop. It looked like it was gonna take a while as the cycle mechanic was busy with his other customer.

The team left except for Thilak and me. The tyres were worn out and the puncture was severe. The guy fixed it more of his skills than the equipment. .we started pushing hard to get back home as the sun was at its peak. After a km or two it was time for thilak and I to take the separate de-tours. Cycling alone was really taking a toll with the sun laughing at you saying no one is with you. So my speed gradually lowered and I was starting lose faith in my stamina. Much to my rescue I spotted a bright yellow shirt and a blue cycling helmet on the other side of the road.

It was HASHIM and Gautam (The Ambattur guys :P ) I was really happy to get company. We started pedalling and those 2 had no pain pedalling but was a diff situation for me I easily blamed it on my cycle. Lack of fluids showed its signs. . We paced our rest of the trip wisely and brought down our speed. We stopped in for quick lemon refreshment. I just wanted to get back home and have a cold shower.  I almost gave up several times thanks to hashim who kept me going keeping my spirits up in fact he came all the way with me till my end point and went back.

It was an awesome cycling experience with a bunch of great people...
The route Map:
http://maps.google.co.in/maps?hl=en&tab=ll

The clicks:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3812826920211.2168390.1263683300&type=1&l=c48f80af85