Riderz - We’re Greenagers !!

gvraj86
This post was updated on .
Riderz - We’re Greenagers !!

Welcome to CTC cycling & camping event. We have been riding so far 4 fun but now we would be riding with a cause " GO GREEN" celebrating the world environment day. So we are embedding our interest with social responsibility.
We would be riding to Pulicat lake with the longest possible route covering 200 kms in 2 days (16 & 17 June 2012 ) by planting at-least 50 saplings all along the way we ride, we rest ....

People who are not able to join with can sponsor for saplings and even few can join with us as support !!

A recent CTC cycling trip to Pulicat
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4017768045253&set=a.4017735324435.161250.1312929832&type=1&theater
The route includes NH, State highway, village roads and bit of off road as well , also we might explore few routes around the lake, so cycles all sort of are welcome (MTB / Hybird / Gearless ) This ride is divided into two segments to encourage the participation, so CTC'ians its time to ride !!

Agenda ======
Day 1 : 16/06/2012 Saturday Meet up @ Anna nagar west depot , sharp by 4.30 AM Will be riding till 6.30 AM , 15 to 20 minutes break to refresh Breakfast @ 8 am sharp Continue the ride till 11 am. Further we would be riding post lunch, the people signed up for segment 1 will start towards Chennai form here :( 55 kms ) start ride by 3 pm and will be reaching the destination by 5 pm and camp near village

Day 2 : 17/06/2012 Sunday Start ride by 5 am will breaking by 7 for breakfast Continue ride till 9 am, 15 minutes refresh continue ride till 11 am , further distance after lunch kick start the ride by 3 pm , reach home by 5 pm

 Exact route map will be shared with registered participants only ..

Participation ========== Interested members should have a good fitness level and preferably active cycling experience. Members should bring along their cycle (gears are strongly recommended). I am also checking on availability/pricing of rented cycles Preference will be given those who have contributed actively Shortlisting is based on the discretion of the organizer.
Confirmed participants will be informed within a few days.

Expense ======= Approximate - actual expense will be calculated and shared equally among all participants: Rs 400 (approx)

Luggage ======= 1) Cycle 2) Spare tube (punctures are likely) 3) Comfortable shoes/sandals for cycling & pair of chapels to move around in the camping site. 4) Small/compact back-pack to carry water, food + essentials only (other luggage will be dropped in cars) 5) Thin blanket and sleeping mat for night 6) LED torch for campsite 7) One extra set of clothes 8) One reusable PET bottle, bowl and spoon 9) Fully charged camera Food, camping gears and puncture repair tools will be taken care of by the organizers ..

Contact ======
1.Thilak Raj - the_luck_in@yahoo.com
2. Vijayaraj G - gvraj86@gmail.com
Vijay