MTBX-3 Off-roading trip to Cholavaram - April 20

MTBX-3 Off-roading trip to Cholavaram - April 20

Arun K
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1G4IX9-8RmzGIci0xjbf6PAnJMzOQVNSMtvQEadtb08k/viewform?sid=31411949132979ac&token=6_M-7T0BAAA.gYtFPl2WxWHJfKyllhUT3Q.dCB50a19F3i0WoLMrMvpkA
MTBX-3 Off-roading trip to Cholavaram - April 20

After the successful completion of the MTBX-1 & 2, here we present the third edition of the off-roading trip around North Chennai.
This will be a one day trip and we will be coming back by late evening.

The offroading trip begins with the visit to the famous Redhills lake.

The Red Hills Lake, also called Puzhal Lake (Tamil: புழல் ஏரி) is located in Ponneri Taluk of Thiruvallur district, Tamilnadu, South India. It is one of the two rain-fed reservoirs from where water is drawn for supply to Chennai City, the other one being the Chembarambakkam Lake and Porur Lake.

Have you rode your cycle in dense Eucalyptus forest?
Have you visited an aerodrome on your bicycle?
Have you played "Find a way out" game inside Cashew tree forest?
Have you done mud cycling inside sand quarry?
Have you dusted your cycle like this?
Ride near beautiful lake sides.
Have an enthralling ride on the National highways.
Finally you can check out your tree climbing skills over the cashew trees spread out on the ground.

This ride is open to all those have basic fitness level. MTBs are preferred as most of the trails will be on off-roads, Hybrids will find it a bit hard. We will be moving a slow pace in off-roads. Don't get frustrated with the punctures.

Make sure that the cycle is in good condition as mechanical problems can make delay.

Cost 300rs (food- breakfast ,lunch and snacks). We will take food from small hotels on the way. Carry some extra cash in case of emergency transport required for you along with your bicycle. Puncture kits, hand pumps and essential tool kits will be taken care by organizers.

Additional 100Rs will collected for Jais Tom family funds raising.

For cycle rentals contact Vishwanathan (Balaji Cycles, Saidapet: 9940457777) or Just Buy Cycles.

WHAT TO CARRY:
1) Small backpack (Or cycling jersey with pocket) to carry essentials (1L drinking water, fruits, snacks)
2) Spare tube.
3) Sun cap/sun screen/towel to protect against sun
4) Digital Camera
5) Use helmet for safety
6) Led lights for the cycle

Organiser:

Arun Kuttappan
arunkpiravom@gmail.com
9543694544

Arun Sekar
arunsekhar1@gmail.com
09940045201

Karthik Padmanabhan
karthiklivefree@gmail.com
09962231001

Re: MTBX-3 Off-roading trip to Cholavaram - April 20

Arun K

Re: MTBX-3 Off-roading trip to Cholavaram - April 20

Arun K
Divagaran

Hello all,

It was a great off roading trip today !!!
Enjoyed every moment of it !!

Thanks a lot to the the organizers Arun K and Karthik !

One safety tip..
Next time for a cycling ride, please insist (make it mandatory) on ppl wearing helmets !!
It is all the more important for off road rides like this !!

Eagerly awaiting to see the pics !!

Re: MTBX-3 Off-roading trip to Cholavaram - April 20

Arun K
From Karthik and Arun K

Hi all,

Thank you so much for participating in the MTBX3. Hope you all had enjoyed the trip !We tried our level best to cover the places that we planned, due to high military activity at aerodrome, we had to skip that part.

Extremely happy to see lot freshers turnup for the trip.
In-spite of 50% dropout, we got 25 like minded souls, who ventured to checkout the Cholavaram trails on the wheels under Red Hot Sun. Surprised to
see the very few punctures compared with prevoius MTB trips ;)

There was a flaw in the arrangement of breakfast, & Co-ordinating with group ,Kindly forgive us.

 Many of us were very tired at the end of day as the sun god cursed us.

Special thanks to Harish, Kumar, Divagar, BMS and many any others who provided their valuable
support throughout the trip.

Umehani, you came all the way from Banglore exclusively for the offroading trip. Hats off to you.

We would like to hear from you. Share you experience and feedback on the trip.

It would be great if any of you could come up with a write up for the trip. This will have an exposure to 18000 plus members of CTC.

Photographers,Share your pics with the team.

Accounts will mailed in couple of days.

Once again expressing our hearful gratitude for joining the trip and making it a Grand sucess. Do join us in the future trips.
Wishing you all the very best.

Re: MTBX-3 Off-roading trip to Cholavaram - April 20

Arun K
Ummehani

Hi all,

It was A pleasurable experience to come to chennai for this trip. Apologies for not being able to bid goodbye before leaving. Thank you Arun for being so supportive and kind:) look forward to doing more of such adventures.. Kumar sir, the photographs are really good. Thank you for sharing them...

Keep in touch and take care:)

Re: MTBX-3 Off-roading trip to Cholavaram - April 20

Arun K
Anand

Hi Arun & Karthik,

This was my first cycling trip in 39 yrs :-)

It was fun and I did enjoy a lot. Apologies for not staying with the team throughout. Wanted to get come long distance cycling practice and we did manage to go to nagala east. Thank you both for organizing this event. Will look forward to participating in more such.

Good luck. I will post the pics from my cam asap.

Re: MTBX-3 Off-roading trip to Cholavaram - April 20

Arun K
Sandeep Nagar

Hi,

Thanx to Organizers..
it was fun cycling after long, enjoyed DUST-Cycling ;-)

will post the pics from my cami asap.