The HUNGRY WOLVES presents:
On the occasion of the 4th anniversary of CTC
Mission K6 – Conquering Kolli Hills
The traditional Kolli treks in CTC are the Temple Steps trek or the Puliancholai village trail trek.
Like always the wolf thinks one step ahead. For the first time in CTC cover the whole Iyaru river till the Agaya Gangai water falls.
The Saturday night we will be partying amidst peaks and rivers with flora and fauna.
All along, we will test our stamina and endurance similar to previous treks completed by wolf pack.
And finally be rewarded with a swim in the Beautiful and famous Agaya Gangai
The mysteries of Kolli malai has always fascinated the trekkers/travellers. It is said that there exists “the spirit of a maiden named Kollippavai, who lured the wayfarers by her beauty and then killed them”.
Do you want to find out more?
Fill in your details before time runs out
J MENU J
Feb 17th Friday
Overnight Bus from Chennai to Thiruvoyur.
Day 1 [Moderate++]
Feb 18th Saturday
Early Morning bus to Base of Hill (Puliyancholai) and start Trek.
Trek Upstream along the Aiyaru River (Through the River).
Camp along the stream or in any of the peaks.
Day 2 [Moderate]
Feb 19th Sunday
Explore places around the peak.
Visit the Aaagaya Gangai and other water falls
If time permits then visit Pampatti Siddhar Kugai and Agasthiar Kugai
Have the Veg “Aatukal Soup”(Goat leg) and take the bus back to Chennai
Feb 20th Monday
Reach Chennai Early Morning and have a peace of Mind.
Starting from Chennai on Friday night – Feb 17, 2012 and back to Chennai on Monday morning – Feb 20, 2012
This is a moderate two day trek with some amount bouldering, hiking and stream crossing. Trekkers need to be prepared to trek even if it rains. Approx distance 30 Km
Not more than 25 trekkers.
Preference will be given for people who have done a moderate trek with CTC with good physical fitness and undertaking to volunteer in this trek since CTC stands on the edifice of volunteering. However, organizer's discretion shall be final.
Cost for travelling + food and snacks. It should come around Rs 1200. Advance payment of 800 will be required to book Bus tickets.
Minimize your luggage to walk comfortably -
1) Good walking shoes & a pair of cheppels to move around in the camping site.
2) Small/compact back-pack to carry water, food + essentials only
3) Blanket or Sleeping bag
4) LED torch for night trekking and campsite
5) One extra set of clothes to sleep dry at night
6) Two reusable PET bottles, bowl and spoon
7) Personal medication and Pain relief spray
8) Fully charged camera
9) Extra cash 500 for Emergency.
VERY IMPORTANT: Travel lightweight or you will find it difficult
Food and transport will be taken care of by the organizers.
THINGS NOT TO DO/NOT TO CARRY:
1. Litter: Plastics, bottles, food packing, etc should not be thrown.
2. Do not Carry your EGO along.
3. Avoid carrying soap, shampoo, face wash, other cosmetics.
4. Alcoholic drinks and cigarette.
SELECTION OF PARTICIPANTS: Shortlisting of the participants will be based on a number of factors including the required physical fitness level for the given trek difficulty, the attitude and contribution/volunteering demonstrated during previous treks in CTC, the availability of transportation, the max group size , etc.
CTC strongly discourages following people to participante in its treks :
1. People who do not contribute/volunteer in any way (CTC is a non-profit run solely based on volunteers efforts).
2. People registering quickly and dropping out in the last few days (many aspects of a trek are arranged in advance based on the headcount).
3. People who show "attitude" (we welcome only those with selfless attitude who gel well with and provide a comfort level to others in the group).
4. People who are not physically fit (many times one unfit member will delay the entire group and put the entire group in danger).
5. People who litter (anyone throwing plastics, bottles, ... is not welcome in CTC).
DROPOUT POLICY: Do you remember the incident when you and your friends were planning for trip when at the last moment, two of your friends dropped out and you had to cancel the trip. To avoid similar inconvenience to you, we have devised the following policy:
If someone drops out after all the arrangements (food, transport, etc) have been made, s/he would be requested to share the cost of trek including food/transport, etc., as the team would have brought/arranged all the stuff and it would be difficult to get a replacement for that person.
WHOM TO CONTACT:
If you have ANY queries don't hesitate to contact organizers.
For trek related queries, email the organizers only UNDER THE SAME THREAD. DO NOT SPAM THE WHOLE GROUP.
Vipin Lal PV (email@example.com) and Arun Sekhar (firstname.lastname@example.org)
thanks for the wonderful weekend on the occasion of CTC's 4th birthday. It was a small compact and a fun group to hang out with even though it was not a very difficult trek. thanks to all 15 of you who helped throughout. Looking forward to see you in future treks!
Please do share your experiences, photos, write ups etc here.
“I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it.”
Hope everyone is doing fine. Sorry, I am little late to join the party. Finally managed to upload my clicks today. Been a long hiatus, really. Was not so keen in uploading anything for the past one year or so, despite travelling all the time, but have to give up to Anvesh reddy's persistent requests ;)