Heritage Photography & Cycling Trip - Hampi on Wheels - 14th to 16th September, 2013

Heritage Photography & Cycling Trip - Hampi on Wheels - 14th to 16th September, 2013

snivya
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/13_6v75Rok7gow36LUHJlw7ms87UzF5YJ3QXQKtz0QaU/viewform
Hampi on wheels - 14th,15th & 16th September, 2013

“You don't make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved.”

― Ansel Adams
Are you hungry to photograph a UNESCO World Heritage site?

Are you ready to travel the entire 27 square kilometers of this historical site by cycle?

What are you waiting for? Let us explore the empire of Vijayanagara and learn many aspects of this historical site.

Hampi (Kannada: ಹಂಪೆ Hampe) is a village in northern Karnataka state, India. It is located within the ruins of Vijayanagara, the former capital of the Vijayanagara Empire. Predating the city of Vijayanagara, it continues to be an important religious centre, housing the Virupaksha Temple, as well as several other monuments belonging to the old city. The ruins are a UNESCO World Heritage Site, listed as the Group of Monuments at Hampi. The name is derived from Pampa, which is the old name of the Tungabhadra River on whose banks the city is built. The name "Hampi" is an anglicized version of the Kannada Hampe (derived from Pampa). Over the years, it has also been referred to as Vijayanagara and Virupakshapura (from Virupaksha, the patron deity of the Vijayanagara rulers).

The first historical settlements in Hampi date back to 1 CE. Hampi formed one of the core areas of the capital of the Vijayanagara Empire from 1336 to 1565, when it was finally laid siege to by the Deccan Muslim confederacy. Hampi was chosen because of its strategic location, bounded by the torrential Tungabhadra river on one side and surrounded by defensible hills on the other three sides.The site is significant historically and architecturally. The topography abounds with large stones which have been used to make statues of Hindu deities. The Archaeological Survey of India continues to conduct excavations in the area, to discover additional artifacts and temples.

*** This trip is for those who would be interested in photography and an interest to explore architectural heritage sites ***

SUMMARY

Objective - To explore the architectural wonders and heritage plaaces which includes monuments, temples, forts etc.

Duration – 2 Days. Start Friday evening on 13th September, 2013 at 4.30 PM and reach back by 16th September morning by 10.00 AM

Distance - 14 hours travel - Northwest of Chennai.

Transportation – Train, Van and Cycle

Expense - Rs. 4000 (Transportation,breakfast,lunch, tickets,boarding etc ) .CTC is non-profit and cost is shared among all.

AGENDA

Assemble Friday on 13th September evening at 4.00 PM in Chennai Central Railway Station

Have dinner on the way

Reach Hospet by 5.30 AM

Reach the Hampi by 6.30 AM

Explore Hampi for 2 days

Return to Chennai at 12 Noon on 16th September with wonderful memories of visiting a UNESCO World Heritage historical location

NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS - 20 ( Including organizers)

VERY IMPORTANT:

Carry 3 sets of comfortable clothing for cycling

Carry a backpack which would fit a reusable 1 litre water bottle and your camera equipment and separate bag with clothes so we can cycle carrying the camera and water.

Carry a cap and sun cream as we would be cycling and walking under the sun

Temperature - 12 to 34 C (So nights would be cold). Bring a light weight blanket

Camera bag, chargers and extra batteries.

Food and snacks will be taken care of by the organizers

Medicines to be carried by the participants.

*IMPORTANT* "Participants who engage in irresponsible, disrespectful or unsafe behavior will be blacklisted from future CTC events"

"Feedback or complaint from any CTC member on the group, event, organizer, safety or accounts can be raised to the core@chennaitrekkers.org"

WHOM TO CONTACT:

If you have any trip related queries please mail to organizers alone, mail-id's are mentioned below, don't spam to the entire group

ORGANIZERS

Vinoth Durairaj - rapidindian@gmail.com
Nivya Sivakumar - snivya@gmail.com

TO KNOW ABOUT CTC:

CTC & trekking -
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B_o7QtZJaW3qMjUxZDNiMDctOTE4Zi00ZDkwLWE3NTItMWVjZjg2ODQ2Yjdj&hl=en_US

Member guidelines -
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B97Sb1o-r5OeMWJiYTc0NjQtYWI1NS00YjJkLWI4NjEtZDI0MTFhZWYwYmY4&hl=en_GB&authkey=CLn-0Z4L

Disclaimer -
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xH3oJUPo07Sgb2d8ccYLgMfkKWGe0z-bVGA_PMxGLp8/edit

FAQ:

What is a CTC trek?

http://chennai-trekking-club.32436.n3.nabble.com/What-is-a-CTC-trek-td32530.html

What to carry during a trek?

http://chennai-trekking-club.32436.n3.nabble.com/What-is-a-CTC-trek-td32530.htm

Do's and don'ts during a trek

http://chennai-trekking-club.32436.n3.nabble.com/Do-s-and-don-t-s-during-a-trek-td32574.html

FAQ's**

http://chennai-trekking-club.32436.n3.nabble.com/Frequently-Asked-Que...

DROPOUTS:

CTC maintains a Blacklist policy against people who drop out at the last minute without informing the organizers. If someone drops out after all the arrangements (food, transport, etc) have been made, s/he would not only be requested to share the cost of trek including food/transport, etc., regardless whether anyone replaces him/her or not but also blacklisted from participating in such events in the future. Information Selection and confirmation of participants is at the sole discretion of CTC. All confirmed and selected participants will be informed separately. Please contact the organizers for any doubts/details/clarification regarding the trek.

How many have you been to - this is the question which prompted me to start GoUNESCO. You see, I couldn't answer it. I am referring to UNESCO world heritage sites (WHS), and I want GoUNESCO to be a fun way to help answer this question. Did you know that there are more than 960 WHS across the world? And, it is very likely that you have visited quite a few of them already.

GoUNESCO is also a challenge, and as someone who loves travel, you should definitely join.

Let's make our photographs in this trip and join this challenge by posting our photographs. Please refer below for details.

Re: Once more polamaa ... Kishkindha (Hampi)?

P.V.S. Kumar
Hampi is calling me back - with its service oriented sincere Gopi Guest House Staff, delicious food at Gopi Rooftop Restaurant, Gopi rental cycles - all supplementing breath taking views of Hampi.

We have at least one more day's itinerary left - attractions of Anegondi: Durga Temple, Pampa Sarovar / Lakshmi Temple, Anjanadri hill with Hanuman Temple.

Once more polamaa ... Kishkindha (Hampi)?

To unsubscribe from Heritage Photography & Cycling Trip - Hampi on Wheels - 14th to 16th September, 2013, click here.
NAML

Re: Heritage Photography & Cycling Trip - Hampi on Wheels - 14th to 16th September, 2013

P.V.S. Kumar

I have posted my photo slide show at: http://youtu.be/Ym8IVqpZ3AA

Nivya: As a non-member of FB, I do not have access to the FB link https://www.facebook.com/groups/520381198048526/?bookmark_t=group. Could you please provide me read access?

Re: Heritage Photography & Cycling Trip - Hampi on Wheels - 14th to 16th September, 2013

snivya

Kumar,

Will share with you all the pictures in a separate mail to you. Don't worry. :)

Regards,
Nivya

On Sep 20, 2013 10:42 AM, "P.V.S. Kumar [via Chennai Trekking Club]" <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have posted my photo slide show at: http://youtu.be/Ym8IVqpZ3AA

Nivya: As a non-member of FB, I do not have access to the FB link https://www.facebook.com/groups/520381198048526/?bookmark_t=group. Could you please provide me read access?

To unsubscribe from Heritage Photography & Cycling Trip - Hampi on Wheels - 14th to 16th September, 2013, click here.
NAML

Feedbacks of Hampi Trip

NIvya
Feedbacks received by mail

Heyy Guys,

Hope u al reached home. Kudos to Nivya and Navanee for organizing such
a fab trip. Had lots of fun n learnt lot of new stuff from you al.
Looking forward to meet you all in the next trip.

https://www.facebook.com/deepak.raja.5

This is my FB Id . Stay in touch.

Thanks,

Deepak

Hi Guys and Gals !!!!

Once again had a rocking Heritage trip......(..it will be criminal to stop with one adjective) for such a lovely.....mind blowing....awesome...incredible...fantastic....wonderful.. unimaginable..undreamed...unparalleled ...trip

A big THANK YOU to Nivya for taking such pain and (misery...drop outs even after giving 3 months advance dates) to organize one of the most memorable trips. Everything planned to the last detail....rooms, food, guide, cycles, pickup etc. (Amazing ...u must have really really sacrificed a lot of ur personal time... )

 ...And  thank you also for Prabakar Sir and Navanee for herding us safely from Central to Hampi and back to Central. (u people also  sacrificed some of your pleasure time for overseeing everyone...to see were he should be....)

Nivya,  you rock as a organizer....Kudos...hatsoff.....looking forward to more trips....and thx once again planning and executing such wonderful trip.

bye
Dominic

Hai Hai Hai.....

      This is R .s.s. K ............

Ok, ok.,.. R.Senthil Selvakumar...  I wont try to repeat the same word what Thala(Dom sir) told...

Yes everything was filled up by thala..

This trip was just OSM...

I know all of them noticed me, when i am in silent mode...

I learned a lot here..

There is no age partiality...only happiness.. childness..  Chit chat.... etc.etc..etc..

Thanks to all..

Ashok Ji...

            Quite Gentleman...and a silent shooters..

Dom Ji...

          No words...Mokka poduraaro illayo.. Semyaa mokka vangiruvvar.
.
Super Dom ji..

Navaneeeeeeeeeee Ji..........

          First met in railway platform... he guided me to the compartment...

Ganga Ji...

         Number one outstanding speaker....

Murthy sir,

        Simply superb...

Praba ji...

         Well mover... and good guide too...

Nivya ji...

         Good organiser...Very caring and organised well...

   Mokka vanginaallum same reaction ( ...meesaila manu padalayae.!... )

Raji ji...

        Good Friend..

Barathy ji...

         Keep on shooting...

Priya ji... ( Trip chella ponnu )..

         Evalavu kalaytchallum.. cute smile like kutty papa.. Keep it up..

         U too Keep on shooting...

Deepak. ji...

      Quite shooter...

Varun Ji...

          U too,,, :)

mmmm...  vara....

Muthu ji...

              Wow...! ( i think muthu can understand ) why i said wow...

             Keep on rocking..!
             Remember what i told on that day.. :)

PVS Ji...

                  Smiling face...When we were shooting the heritage spot together, i watched him going alone and shot

himself in self timer mode...he he he...

Even though i forgot some of the names, i couldn't forget the wonderful moments had with u all...

Thanks to the co-ordinators Nivya ji, Navnee Ji & Prabakar ji...

Note:

        Nivya ji.. Plz inform about future long outdoor Photowalks

                                                   &

        Some of the FB id is not functioning .. So plz click the below link and add me as friend..

Baye to all...

Senthil

Re: Once more polamaa ... Kishkindha (Hampi)?

sivakumar v k
The photographs are breathtaking and felt like being there.

All the very best for all the future treks

Sivakumar

Re: Heritage Photography & Cycling Trip - Hampi on Wheels - 14th to 16th September, 2013

Orsola
Hello, I am Orsola, I am currently working for a publishing house in Italy and we were thinking about including some pictures of Hampi in an article for our new art magazine. Can anyone tell me where the first picture comes from? Is it one of yours?

Best regards

Orsola

Re: Heritage Photography & Cycling Trip - Hampi on Wheels - 14th to 16th September, 2013

Ravikanth K

Hi Orsola,

I'm not sure about the pic you were asking.
But you can check my hampi photos in the link below to see if any photo suits your article.
Album Link: https://flic.kr/s/aHsjM1ZMZy

Regards,
Ravikanth

On Jan 5, 2016 7:17 PM, "Orsola [via Chennai Trekking Club]" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello, I am Orsola, I am currently working for a publishing house in Italy and we were thinking about including some pictures of Hampi in an article for our new art magazine. Can anyone tell me where the first picture comes from? Is it one of yours?

Best regards

Orsola

To start a new topic under Photography, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Chennai Trekking Club, click here.
NAML

Re: Heritage Photography & Cycling Trip - Hampi on Wheels - 14th to 16th September, 2013

snivya

Hi Orsola,

The first photograph is available in google free images.

Regards,
Nivya

NAML

Re: Heritage Photography & Cycling Trip - Hampi on Wheels - 14th to 16th September, 2013

Orsola
Thanks everyone for the help!