Fresher's Trek to Nagala West - May 19th and 20th

Fresher's Trek to Nagala West - May 19th and 20th

Vinoth
Dear All,

Please share your experience and photos in this forum.

Cheers,
Vinoth

Re: Fresher's Trek to Nagala West - May 19th and 20th

Dinesh Mozhivanan
Hi friends and brothers,

Think every one is tired, some wud have bunked thr offices like me :P .... some wud be sleeping in thr offices like vinoth anna :D .... Hope every one had a nice weekend. Cant frget my first trek experience and u guys in my life time... Got many friends and brothers, everyone behaved, interacted and helped like we r one family :)... Now we r really under one family...  Forgot to thx many ppl in intro section sry fr tht but thx to everyone...
Especially to shankar fr sleeping mat mat like he gave me without any bucks,
Biju anna for wonderful massage and fr teaching me sme part of swimming :D,
Thx rghav anna for food he organised,
thx shankar anna for cooking tasty, yummy, food and u did lot, take care of your wound anna,
Thx vinoth anna fr chilling even i was late to koyeambedu spot,
The best thx to raj prabhu anna and he was really like a brother :D,
thx to ajay,
thx to prashant fr voluntering,
thx fr brush mandayan being good machan :P,
thx to ram anna he made me laugh like hell,
Thx to the iit guys and rohit, they helped lot in cooking chapatis :D
Thx to everyone for everything :).....

Btw i lost my gal friend omg.. can some one find !!!! :D ... Moreover ennaku innum antha ass game puriilanga :D..................

Hope will meet u guys asap often after tis in future treks tooo :) ....

Take care all,

Regards,
Dinesh Mozhivanan ( Ass Hero)

Re: Fresher's Trek to Nagala West - May 19th and 20th

Noel Prashant
Dear all,

Writeup: Noel Prashant

Excited about my second trek, I thought I should not commit the same mistake I did during my last trek - To sleep. But the excitement never let me close my eyes. I tried, but hardly I could sleep for almost half-an-hour. My alarm rang at 3:30.

After my morning chores, I took my time to recheck whether all things are packed. Then I fled my room, and reached my pick-up point (Madhya Kailash) at 4:05am. I thought I would be the first person to reach. But, to my surprise, I was the last. All the enthusiasts arrived before me!!! Starting with a quick introduction, our pickup vehicle (Innova of Dr. Raj Prabhu) arrived at 4:10am, and soon we started to Koyembedu, Nathan's Cafe.

I was assigned to get signatures in the disclaimer form. So, I started my work as soon as I reached there. After all done, we, a team of 31, started off to Nagalapuram, West Entry with a tempo traveler, an Innova, a Ritz, and a Verna. Upon reaching the base camp, the food items and the common gears were shared. All were very excited about the adventures, some thinking it would be as in man vs wild, while few not exactly knowing "what a trek is"!!! ;)

THE TREK

Day One:
After having our breakfast (pongal), We started walking across the dam, carrying our bag-packs. Crossing the dam, had a tough time walking the sands. We reached the first stream. It was then I was on cloud nine. Refreshing for some time, we started through the dense and narrow trail till we reached the Second pool, the non-swimmers pool. Not even wasting a split second,everyone jumped into the pool. We had a great time playing water balloon.

After celebrating the second pool, we started to the third pool, the mega sliding pool / the divers pool. Then swimmers displayed their skills by diving, doing back flips, and all kind of stuff!!! The non-swimmers too dived with their tubes/jackets on. Having a great time in the pool, it was time to have our lunch (lemon bath). After lunch, we rested a while, and started to the Mini Kutralam.

On reaching mini kutralam, we took rest, and waited for the sun to go down. Filling our water bottles, we headed towards the hardest part of the trek - a steep climb of about 100-150 meters, followed by a steep down. Finally we reached the place where I could felt my breath!!!, the fifth pool. After some time refreshing, we left to our camp site. A small downpour was there when we started to the camp site. We made in time in the rain, put on the tarps and started searching dry firewood in the rain.

The rain stopped after some 20 odd minutes, and it was then we started cooking. Soup followed by the noodles, everything yummy!!! After food, few slept, while few enjoyed playing.

Day Two:
Day two started at about four, when about 15-20 hard guys pushed themselves to the peak to see the sunrise, while others were still sleeping. While they were on the peak, we started preparing Tea and milk for our breakfast (Cornflakes and Chocos). They came back, and we had our breakfast, and Tea. Then, we started to pack the things, and are ready to start. We planned not to halt at any pool unil mini kutralam. We reached mini kutralam. It was there, when ajay, and three others said they were leaving to the Third pool. I later thought, I will also follow them to the third pool, instead of halting at mini kutralam.

But, my bad luck, I lost the trail and was forced to return back to the mini kutralam. It was on the way, where I tried to explore another way, thinking it would be a shortcut to mini kutralam. I tried to climb a 3 meter boulder, and my leg sliped and I came down about 2.5 meters and fell in the black mud!!! :( Then again, pushing myself hard, I successfully came up the boulder and reached mini kutralam. I then went to the falls to have myself washed, and had a great massage from Biju. Later, after all done, we had a small group photo, and left to the third pool.

On reaching the third pool, we enjoyed some time sliding at the head of the third pool falls. After a good time sliding, we reached the third pool. We enjoyed ourselves there, and had our lunch (Chapathis). Then after the sun went down, we started to the second pool. It was there we had the introduction. A group photo was then taken. Accounts were settled.

Then we started to the base camp, made it by sunset. And, rearranging the team into the vehicles, we left Nagalapuram with numerous memories!!! :)

Thank you Vinoth and Ajay for organizing a grand trek. Thank you Raghu and Shankar for the yummy food. Thank you Biju for the tips, and the massage. My thanks would not end up here... Thanks to all folks who made my day!!! :)

Cheers,
Noel
9489370920

Re: Fresher's Trek to Nagala West - May 19th and 20th

Vinoth Durairaj
From Raj Prabhu.

Hi guys... i hope all of u are doing well after the trek.. i had a lot of fun this weekend with u guys and very happy to have made such great friends over a short period of time.. please follow the link for the photographs and sorry abt the delay.. have a few more photos to add will do it tom..

https://plus.google.com/photos/109740249473694099134/albums/5745594103251598609?authkey=CNOFjp7EuY-vWg

Hope to meet u guys in another trek very soon.. take care guys..

Cheers

Re: Fresher's Trek to Nagala West - May 19th and 20th

anant332
wow!! i know u guys have enjoyed trekking and i enjoyed reading ur experience on it. being an adventure freak i know how u people might have felt trekking and the peak on the day 2 was an amazing view. really i missed this trekk, shud have been a part of it. i really want to appreciate vijayalakshmi the solo lady trekker in the whole gang and the way it was described that she was full of stamina and energy and was leading the trek.. hope there will be some more treks as such and would love to be a part of it.
thank u so much for sharing ur experiences.
keep going
cheers
anant
anant