Experiences, photos, videos, feedback

peter.vangeit
Administrator
Peter Van Geit
Dare to create your own path rather than follow existing trails
http://www.google.com/profiles/peter.vangeit

Re: Experiences, photos, videos, feedback

peter.vangeit
Administrator
GPS, maps and navigation presentation

Peter Van Geit
Dare to create your own path rather than follow existing trails
http://www.google.com/profiles/peter.vangeit

Re: Experiences, photos, videos, feedback

peter.vangeit
Administrator
Amita -

https://picasaweb.google.com/amita.ch2003/CTCTrekPolamma2?authkey=Gv1sRgCO3u0pjYzqSVFA
Peter Van Geit
Dare to create your own path rather than follow existing trails
http://www.google.com/profiles/peter.vangeit

Re: Experiences, photos, videos, feedback

aravindpratap
Hello Peter,

Thanks for the presentation. Hope everything went as planned.

Kudos to CTC and Hats Off to Volunteers who took care of the arrangements..

Aravind R

Re: Experiences, photos, videos, feedback

Arun Thilak
Great show CTC & its volunteers :) It was Fabu-tastic :)
I was truly inspired by Shekar Dattatri's speech and video ... highlight of my day ...

Re: Experiences, photos, videos, feedback

Dipali
Well, this is my first Trek polama event:) And i must say it was a wonderful experience on the whole. Flitting fro lecture to lecture and gathering as much info as possible, was a nice experience altogether. Though i must admit, that there was a lot going on and unfortunately, u cant be everywhere all at the same time:) Hats off to all who made this happen, those who organised the event, those who spoke, those who volunteered, those who were there to make it a success! It was amazing and it will give each one of us to carry a lot back home!

Experiences

lakshmi
the trek polamaa!! was realla a useful symposium in ctc.. this is the first workshop event i'm attending in ctc!! we all thank the volunteers and the great organisers for the wonderful experience that they gave all of us who attended the symposium... :) it was like 'all things under one roof' :)

7:00am awaken your third eye which was conducted by bhagat of makka studios was a boon for all the beginners of photography[this includes me!!;)] and it was also useful for the amateur photographers as all the basics were brushed up by the veteran photographer!! special thanks to rajinikandh who coordinated the session successfully!! :)

at around 9:30am peter van geit gave us the warm welcome and  kick started the symposium :)
the gps and navigation session was highly informative and it was very good to learn something new and useful!!! special thanks to peter sir and the volunteers who coordinated this session!! i hope the next trek will surely be a thrilling experience after this learning session :) the map reading and the ways to use gps is still clouded with loads of doubts and i humbly request peter to put up workshops for this gps and navigation sessions...

at 11:00am was Know your ride !!! - bike workshop where there were two bullet bikes and two men from royal enfield (supposed to be retired) demonstrated us the ways to repair our bikes when we are on the move and away from workshops... special thanks to kaushik who coordinated this workshop!! there were the other few participants who shared their knowledge with the others.. it was truly amazing and informative... :) one tip for all the bikers : do not ever forget your tool kit while you are going to be on the move for couple of days!! :)

12:00am Introduction to the basics of mountaineering presented by our trekker and mountaineer Sujai was a different one amidst all the workshops and other sessions that dealt with trekking!! special thanks to Sujai and the other mountaineer (sorry to have forgotten his name!!) who made the session interesting.. :) I almost decided to take up mountaineering seriously and really planning to join NIM or the himalayan institute... the response for the session was overwhelming!! :)

1:00pm was our delicious lunch!! i'll become a sinner if i don't talk about this.. the lunch was tooo good and appetising ;) ;)

2:00pm was Scale with the wrigglers - the snales of India... special thanks to Sujaan bernard and the volunteers who made the session informative.. :)) the 275 species of snakes addedd to our knowledge and the first aid techniques et al... special thanks to Rajanna who coordinated the session!! :) the session also brushed off few of the myths that were believed by us, common people who do ot handle snakes!!

2:30 canopy capers coordinated by gowri was fabulous!! :)
the mountaineer (forgotten the name) helped participants climb the tree in a more technical way which enthused many of the participants... the professional equipments gave us more confidence to climg that (steep) tree... :) cannot forget the girl who struggled to get on and off the tree.. this would've been the most thrilling experience for her... :) ;)

3:30pm Photography Paadhi... post processing paadhi... was the most expected and interesting one... every one seemed to come back for the sessin from nowhere in the iit campus... it was a knowledgeable session which proves that we can see better pictures from everyone here on... special thanks to the volunteers who made the session happen and special thanks to rajanna who coordinated the event and the midas of post processing, ashok saaravanan... :)

6:30pm Trek X was filled with discussions related to the eco conservation and the conservation and preservation of the forests and the nature and the natural resources... :) and the information about the mindless mining at kudremukh at karnataka... thanking everyone who were involved in the coordination of the panel discussion and the screening of the ten minute shortfilm about the disaster of the mining at kudremukh...

overall the event rocked and we had such a wonderful experience to cherish and it was a good chance to meet so many adventure seekers and trekkers under one roof along with the founder peter sir... I am happy to have got the opportunity to attend the symposium... feeling sad for the souls who have missed it... once again i thank all the volunteers to have imparted us the wonderful experience and the knowledge :) I also thank peter for all his work for the entire day... when i saw the event shaping up i was able to understand the huge amount of work (team work) involved behind the success of the event....

may this be the beginning... :)

we are not complete until we are content!!
lets not be contented about trekking!
keep trekking CTC:)
lakshmi

Great experience

m.p.babu
I thank CTC and the volunteers for the efforts they have taken to make the 3rd anniversary of CTC a great success. I really got  loads of information on trekking, eco-friendly construction, snakes, etc, all in one day at one place, thanks to CTC. Hopwe the 4th anni. will be a much bigger event.

Wish CTC gr8 success.

Re: Great experience

nithyanandan viswanathan
Hi Babu,
              Thank you very muck for your valuable feed back.
We from CTC truly appreciate your feed back as they help
us to do better in our coming Events.

Regards,
V.Nithyan

Re: Experiences, photos, videos, feedback

asha
Hi!

Though I could attend only 2 lectures - "Snakes of India" and "Building Eco-friendly houses"- I was totally inspired by both and the enthusiasm of all those present!

The photographs of CTC treks arranged on the chairs sure caught my eyes...

Was touched by Timberland's free give-away gift of saplings---the eco-friendly way.....

Many thanks to CTC and Eco-login for the experience....felt so good to connect with nature and her many admirers! :)

Re: Experiences, photos, videos, feedback

Srila
Oh my God.....what really have I missed and how long should I wait before being a part of the next Trek Polamaa!

But in any case all KUDOS to the event organizers and all those who enjoyed ALL that was offered.....let's make the bond with NATURE just a little more stronger & adorable! :)

Re: Experiences, photos, videos, feedback

peter.vangeit
Administrator
Trek Polamaa posters and photos -

https://picasaweb.google.com/peter.vangeit/TrekPolamaa2#
Peter Van Geit
Dare to create your own path rather than follow existing trails
http://www.google.com/profiles/peter.vangeit

Re: Experiences, photos, videos, feedback

peter.vangeit
Administrator
Excellent photos from Deepak -

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=112334&id=1324921450&fbid=1914572067068
Peter Van Geit
Dare to create your own path rather than follow existing trails
http://www.google.com/profiles/peter.vangeit

Re: Experiences

Rajanna
Hi Lakshmi,

Thanks for the wonderful feedback. I am very much impressed by the way, you have remembered the names of organisers and coordinators. It sure does motivate us to conduct more events to educate and share.

Thanks again.

Re: Trek Polamaa - Experiences, photos, videos, feedback

sriarvitha
I'd like to thank CTC & eco-Login for organizing this event and putting up a fantastic show... Though I was able to attend only the post noon sessions, found them really exciting.. Session on Snakes of India was really really informative...

The best of course, according to me, was the talk by Shekar Dattatri, and I would specifically like to highlight this for the benefit of those who missed the session - absolutely inspiring and thought provoking.. I was completely awed by his humbleness, determination and outlook towards nature... "Mindless mining in Kudremukh" was a fantastic example, of how important it is to put things in the right perspective! Am sure he left a very strong thought in most of our minds about giving back to nature, purpose of life and in fighting with all means for a good cause - the hardships that one has to undergo to achieve this kinda success is nothing as compared to the immense satisfaction one derives...!! Being a management professional, I could associate a lot of his thoughts and words to professional life as well. His honest admission, that only about 20% of the efforts succeed and that itself is a fantastic success ratio -is really worth appreciating. Overall, I felt great meeting Shekar, and i thank the organizers for this opportunity..!! Looking forward to more sessions with him..Hats off to you Shekar!

Cheers,
Sri Arvitha

Re: Trek Polamaa - Experiences, photos, videos, feedback

Hariharan V S
My pics here

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=10150131705099518&id=503199517&aid=305659

picasa links soon
Trust in those who are near
They are the ones who are dear!!

http://www.facebook.com/cool.hariharan

Re: Trek Polamaa - Experiences, photos, videos, feedback

Hariharan V S
Here is the picasa link

https://picasaweb.google.com/cool.hariharan/TrekPolamaa2?authkey=Gv1sRgCNG62bn-6qu6zwE#
Trust in those who are near