Emperors cycling : Fun ride around chennai 14thApril-2012

Emperors cycling : Fun ride around chennai 14thApril-2012

Masanamuthu

Re: Emperors cycling : Fun ride around chennai 14thApril-2012

Masanamuthu
words from Chandra

Dear Masu:

Thanks for the enjoyable cycle trip to and fro Mambakkam Lake area. The company was good and did the trip together without much straggling once it warmed up. The most enjoyable part of the trip was the dip in the well and the second most the nap in the hut on the banks of the lake. The emotional part of the trip was the visit to the Home for the Mentally Challenged and the meeting with its inmates who put up such a cheerful face while welcoming us. Masu's suggestion to join in donating for the provisions of the Home was unanimously and uniformly agreed to and responded with which about Rs 4000 worth of provisions needed by the Home were bought and handed over. The ride through the forest road for about 10 kms from the Lake to Kelambakkam in the afternoon was quite pleasant though the sun was still hot. All credit to Masu for planning and executing the trip and to all the participants for their cheerful company with volunteering of individuals for biking back to the nearest town for fetching provisions for the Home.

Like in anything, there are points for future consideration in cycling trips. As in all CTC trips, due to the delay of some participants in reaching the starting points, the whole trip gets delayed for those who are on time. This should be reduced by all observing time discipline. If the cycling trip is through scenic places where one can picnic for a while for breakfast/lunch combined with few outdoor activities like hill-climb or ambling through forests or swims, it would enhance the fun value of the trips and required relaxation before resuming the round cycling trip. Yesterday the total distance cycled was hardly 60 km but the time taken was almost 15 hrs out of which the cycling time was hardly 7 hrs leaving 8 hrs for dip in the well and nap near the lake ! During the last 2-3 yrs the two CTC cycling trips have both been along the ECR or OMR upto nearby places like Muttukkadu and Mambakkam where activity near scenic spots was minimal. For the same distance, we can consider riding along GST Road and/or Toraipakkam-Pallavaram Road combined with visits to Nanmangalam Reserve Forest and Pallavaram-Trisulam Hills or to Tambaram Hills and Vandalur-Perungulathur Hills/Forests. If these trips succeed, longer trips to Chengalput hills can be  planned. The ideal timing for such trips will of course be during the rains or winter since excessive heat and sweating make the otherwise enjoyable trips very strenuous leaving little energy for other activities. As I said, these are suggestions and not criticism of current trips.

Words from Amit

it was an awesome ride Masu, thanks for organizing it. Good to know that there are nice places in 50 KM radius or chennai.
i'd love to go again to explore more the the area.

Words from Karthikeyan

Hi all,

Another great experience in my life. Thank you all. I have uploaded the photos. https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.391110694253218.94499.100000628738019&type=1
Want to see u all soon.
Take care

Thanks & Regards,
   Karthikeyan C

Words from myself

   It was awesome ride,we covered around 70Km with lots of fun and Thanks Team for contribution to the Special people in the Home. I'm so proud of you guys.

   I don't know where can i start my thanks session to you all...everyone contributed lot and enjoyed lot. I couldn't make it as 2 days cycling trip as i had some personal work and wanted to try with 1 day first, It became success now we explore more areas as suggested by chandra sir.... 2 days cycling will be ultra fun trip, let us plan it very soon.

   Spl thanks to Santhosh and bike to help us all the way and  Kind heart - Rajini and our inspiration - Chandra. 65+ but you are still young...True inspiration.

   Kudos to Anitha & Chandru who interacted with the special people very casually, To be honest, I had bit hesitant and afraid to speak them. You made me to feel they are very special people than us.

   Thanks for all the comedies,mokka jokes that also made us to take the ride lightly. Thanks to all photogrpahers ( Karthick,Deepak & Rajini ) to accept all our tortures.

   Final Thanks to Vetti payyan 'Santhosh' - Our all time comedy man.

   @Chandra :  This was our exploration last week, this can be easily done till chengulpet , we will do it.  I didn't conduct post cycling session ( usual emperor trek style) bcoz of the delay however thank you so much for your feedback.

    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3526258485772.2155062.1551465517&type=3#!/media/set/?set=a.10150732679842236.431807.732787235&type=3

@Karthick : Amazing clicks nanba.